Sunday, October 9, 2011

Where is that baby hiding?

This is our lovely city of Roanoke! Brad and I drove up the mountain (to most in the West it resembles a very big hill) to an outlook where you can see the city. Its called Mill Mountain and the drive up is gorgeous. There is a little park and walkway to enjoy. On top of this mountain is.......
this star. I can't remember when it was put up there but it has been up there a while. There is actually a webcam on it and people can see those on top of the mountain. We wanted to get out of the house and thought it would be nice to see what Roanoke looked like at night. While it was chilly and windy when we got there, it was a nice little break.

Yes we are in our BSU sweatshirts! We love wearing them around when they play. I had a guy (we think he was drunk) stop me at a high school football game with "Are you joking me!" I thought he was going to start ranting how he hates them, but he said he loved BSU and was not a hokie fan! I was relieved since Brad started to slowly stand back from me....Brad made a good point though, I am pregnant who is going to hurt me!

One thing new that we are experiencing this year is fall. We have been up in Rexburg for the last couple of falls and really haven't experienced a nice string of cool weather and sun. And man is fall great here! The leaves are starting to turn and the colors look amazing. The weather is gorgeous and its October! I do feel bad for those in Rexburg who got snow but man am I happy to be here! We try to get out when it is nice. Here is a couple of pictures of our walk by our house.


And last...we went in for our last ultrasound on Thursday. I was getting nervous because I have had multiple people tell me that I look so small for being so far along. I was worried that he might be too small or he wasn't growing the way he should. But we found out everything is going great. While it isn't a complete accurate measurement the ultrasound had him weighing 5 lbs 6oz. Even if he still weighs a little less I have no idea where this baby is hiding. But everything looks great and things are moving along. The ultrasound tech thinks he could come as early as November 7 but the doctor still thinks November 20th.....I am going with the doctor for now!

At first he didn't want to show his face but after the ultrasound tech pushed him around a little bit he moved!


I think he is a little squished! 




5 comments:

  1. Awww! I hope you are having fun Miller :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear the east is the best place to experience fall! Happy that you have a very healthy baby boy! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! He looks so cute! Love it. Be grateful that you're small. It makes things so much easier. You'll be able to still be fairly comfortable right up until he comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah look at his cute little nose! Can't wait to meet him. Roanoke looks beautiful. I hope to make it out there someday. And I'm going in for an ultrasound here in a couple hours so we'll see how our baby's weight measures up to your baby's. They're gonna be the bestest of friends. I'm planning on giving birth in three weeks. You should too. Then they can be birthday buddies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EVERYONE told me I looked too small with both of mine and the first baby was almost 9 pounds and the second was 9 lbs 3 ounces! So dont worry too much! A big baby can fit in a tiny space!

    ReplyDelete