Tuesday, October 18, 2011

History at Our Fingertips

Brad and I have been wanting to take a trip up to D.C and attend the temple before the little one came. So this weekend we headed up there, it only took us about 4 hours. Brad has mission companion that lives there with his wife and knows a thing or two about the area. We stayed with them on Friday and they took us out to a great Mexican restaurant, it had 3 floors with tons and tons of people. Saturday we went to the temple and it was a gorgeous fall day.




 Brad made me take another pregnant shot, I usually don't mind but it was in front of the temple where there were tons of people. But it did make for a nice background shot.
This shirt actually makes me look bigger than I really am.

After we went to the Arlington National Cemetery. We have decided to see a few things each time we go up, I mean it's history at our fingertips. But of course because we didn't take the metro we got stuck in traffic. 


This is Brad's "I am frustrated because I am in traffic face" (He claims he wasn't frustrated)


The cemetery was really neat and had a very sacred feeling about it. It was humbling to walk around and see for what it seemed like miles of tombstones. We went to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and saw the changing of the guards. It was really neat to see the dedication and patriotism of the ceremony and the place overall.





Here is where John F. Kennedy is buried

While we got stuck in some traffic...a lot....it was a great weekend and we are hoping to go up there again. Next time we will take the metro more that is for sure!






2 comments:

  1. That temple is gorgeous. I'm jealous that you have so many awesome things so close to you. It looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look like a pregnant lady! I love it! So cute. And I'm with Nat; jealous that you get to be over there in that awesome part of the country with so many sights to see. I can't wait for your post when you go to the Smithsonian. And some baseball games:) There are so so many teams all within driving distance for you, please take advantage of that for me!

    ReplyDelete