Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bun in the Oven!

This year Brad and I had a good idea for a costume which makes dressing up a lot more fun. We had a Halloween Carnival and Trunk or Treat for our ward so we dressed up for that. Brad and I ran a booth and played Minute to Win It games. It was quite funny to see people try and accomplish these tasks and Brad even got the missionaries to play some games.

.

Being pregnant opens more doors to creative ideas. So this year we took our little "Bun in the Oven" into consideration when deciding our costume. As you can see I went as an oven and Brad the accompanying Chef. The lady we saw in the magazine went bare belly but I didn't want to do that at a ward event or well ever! The costume was a hit and we had a lot of fun.

Now for the fun part. We finally added the last element to our nursery and feel it is finally complete! First off I sewed this cover to go over the carseat when we go out in the cold. If you saw it up close you would see many errors but from far away it looks pretty good!





Most of my ideas came from blogs and pinterest. I obviously don't have enough money to do it exactly so I compromised. You can't see it too well but I made a no sew bed skirt for the nursery which sadly enough was a challenge for me!


Here is the picture mural I made for the little one. This is probably my favorite piece in the room and what I am most proud of. I am in no way an interior designer so this says a lot for me! Don't you just love the puzzle of the mom and baby giraffe. Brad found it at the dollar store!




I can't get a really good picture of the whole room so this is the best I've got. Both Brad and I really like the chair he found on craigslist. It is comfortable and we think the pattern is fun for a nursery. Its for sure something out of our comfort zone of furniture but I think that's why its fun! I'm not officially excited for the little one to come even though he won't be sleeping in his crib for awhile!


Last I want to show everyone how I've slowly become crafty over the last couple of months. Obviously crafty in my own terms! Most of these ideas are a thanks to pinterest...I feel good about actually using what I pin! I've enjoyed doing these projects but also enjoyed seeing what everyone else is doing to decorate, thanks!











6 comments:

  1. It looks like someone has had a case of the nesting bug. It all looks super cute, Ash! I love the photo mural! It looks so good. And the carseat cover looks awesome too. I'm so proud. Well done. Pinterest is the best invention ever. And that's saying a lot because, as you may know, there have been a lot of inventions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ashley you are just SO creative and crafty, I'm so impressed! Great costume, great nursery, and great fall decorations. I'm dazzled with all of your successful sewing projects in addition to your cute photo collage for the nursery (and I love that y'all used a puzzle)! Looks like you are all ready for your little one to come. Keep up the good work and good luck with everything. Life is Good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cute Ash! Nicely done. And I love your costume. You are just so crafty! I felt really crafty when I bought a frame and printed some printables for my apartment. I really did feel good about myself. So good for you with all your craftiness. So impressed with your carseat cover. Luckily my sister in laws made a couple for me so I didn't have to attempt that myself. But you're amazing! Yay it's getting so close. I'm excited for you... and me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashleeyyyy everything looks awesome!! i love the nursery picture wall! love love it! you're doin so good! you always had it in ya :D
    its addicting and fun huh!
    it looks great!! so fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miller!! I love it, AHHH! That website is crazy cool! I get lots of ideas off that too!! :)
    Everything looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babie's room looks so cute! And i love the carseat cover! And love the fall decor! Good job! you go!

    ReplyDelete